Saturday, December 4, 2010

Reverb 10: Wonder

Lake Ontario Sunset


Autumn Leaf


Queen Ann's Lace
  I am participating in an annual online initiative called "Reverb 10". The idea being, that for the 31 days of December I will write in response to a daily prompt. This will allow me ( in theory ), to slow down and take the time to reflect on my year, and manifest the next one. I am 3 days late, so I will just start here, with today's prompt : Wonder. How did you cultivate a sense of wonder in your life this year?

 Nature in all her complexity, and beauty, absolutely come to mind. From the colors and grandeur of a sunset, to the delicate lace-like appearance of a wild flower, nature does it for me. Being outside feeds my soul and fills me with wonder. It is just as simple as that.
  I make an effort to spend time outside everyday. The sunrise and sunsets are a particular draw to me. Besides bookending the day, there is something very alluring about that brief time surrounding both. It always feels as if I have stolen some sacred time, when the world is so quiet and peaceful, just waking for the day.....and their is a solemn reverence as the sun slips below the horizon. A moment to reflect on that day and how my time was spent, and to be ever grateful.
  If we take the time to stop and appreciate the simple beauty surrounding us, we are gifted with a sense of peace and calm. And we are reminded that we are but a very small part of this miraculous universe. We are filled with wonder and awe.
 
 What gave you a sense of wonder in this year just past?

No comments:

Post a Comment