Sunday, January 30, 2011

Media Stretch

   While my first artistic love is stitching and embellishing art quilts, I am trying to stretch and grow in other creative endeavors.
 An online class I signed up for this January is Jane Lafazio's "Sketchbook Watercolor on Location" class. Our first assignment was to just stay at home and find some objects to paint. She suggested keys. As I have a collection of old keys, that was exactly what I painted.

"Antique Keys" by Susan Nash
 I am loving the "on location" concept of this class. This week we are on location in a coffee shop! I can't wait. I only wish my friend Vivian ( who is also taking this class) lived closer so that we could hang out at a coffee shop together.  At any rate, stay tuned for more on-location artwork. I'll be posting more in the near future, in between finishing up some quilt-y projects. It has been a good season to stay inside and make art! What have you been creating?

1 comment:

  1. What a fun way to "stretch" and work on seeing things from another creative perspective. Great!

    ReplyDelete