Sunday, January 16, 2011

New Dawn, New Day, New Year

  My new year did not start out as I had planned. Instead, I was in bed shivering with the flu. Life does not always go as planned.
  Today I awoke to a beautiful sunrise over a crisp, frosty landscape. It inspired me to think about what all I want to accomplish this year. I prefer to think about setting goals, instead of resolutions.

 So, I have a wide open path ahead of me at the start of this year. There is the usual weight loss goal, but I've been thinking that it probably won't matter that I was 10 pounds over weight in 2011, as long as I can do the things I want to do, right? I will continue to try to eat healthy meals and to exercise every day.

 The goals I am most concerned with are my art related ones. I would love for this to be the year that I supported myself completely at the studio. By that, I mean, that I sell enough artwork, and teach enough classes , so that I cover my expenses. It would be wonderful to make a profit, but I am trying to keep to reality here. (smile) 
 Another goal would be that I put together a professional portfolio. I would then use this to seek out gallery representation. I am getting help with this by joining the SAQA Visioning program that is offered through SAQA University.

 One fun thing I am doing is taking the "One Little Word" class over at Big Picture Classes. Taught by Ali Edwards, it uses the concept that you choose ( or it may choose you ), one word to focus on for the year. My word is trust. Ali will be giving the class members a prompt every month...something to do or think about. I will be sharing my progress with you here.

  Hopefully by verbalizing some of my goals for the year here, I will feel more accountable. At any rate, it's a new day and a new year, and I'm ready to step out and get going! What kinds of goals have you set forth?


Let's step out together!

1 comment:

  1. Nice post mom...I really liked the picture you took and said you have an open path in front of you...because that is exactly what the picture made me think of...TRUTH!!!

    ReplyDelete