Monday, April 25, 2011

Springtime Explosion

If you've never been thrilled to the very edges of your soul by a flower in spring bloom, maybe your soul has never been in bloom. ~Terri Guillemets



chickweed and self heal
An early morning walk along the Dresden Bike Trail left me with enough inspiration to last a long time. My hubby and I were looking for the elusive morel mushroom and found much, much more to satisfy the senses. Please enjoy the simple beauty of these beautiful flowers....some wild, some domestic...all amazing.

weird stalks of either trillium or may apple nipped off by an animal and curled

yellow violet


trillium and may apple

Christmas fern fiddle heads unfurling

blue bells

red trillium

crab apple

3 comments:

  1. Wow! You got some serious wildflowers! I have some white trillium and jack-in-the-pulpits in my yard. Also some blue cohosh and black cohosh. I've never seen those spiral "stubs". Truly beatiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's why I never find any morels either! Too many beautiful things to see at that time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Joan! I t was such a beautiful sight...more flowers than I could remember. Hope all is well with you. Hopefully I will get to the fall aqn retreat.
    Susan-it was as if a deer had nipped off the tops of the plants and they just curled up for what ever reason. I "collect" spirals, so I was all over this! :)
    Thanks for the comments!!

    ReplyDelete