Sunday, June 21, 2009

Sacred Threads Quilt Show

My family and I went to the Sacred Threads "meet and greet the artists" and opening reception yesterday. This is a picture of me and my piece "Frozen In Time". It was hanging in the "grief" section. It explores the theme of addiction. A theme I, unfortunately, am learning about.
This is such a wonderful venue, because each piece has a lengthy artist statement that really allows the viewers to relate to the artists experience. So many are very touching and heartfelt. You can look around and see viewers in tears....that is how profound this show is. I am always proud to be juried into this one!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Susan - I was there at the reception and remember your great piece. Thanks so much sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your nice comment. Sometimes you can really "hang" your heart and soul out there, and it's a little scarey. I'm glad you liked my piece.

    ReplyDelete