Friday, May 28, 2010

Walk Much??


" An early morning walk is a blessing for the whole day. "
                      ~ Henry David Thoreau


 We all know that walking is good for us....good for the heart and lungs, bones and muscles. But, the benefit I enjoy the most is what walking does for my mind.  All of my senses are engaged and I am totally aware of all that is going on around me. I notice the birds and the wildflowers, the scent of honeysuckle and the warm breeze. I am completely "present" and "mindful".  This gift of being mindful, of living in the moment, allows me to feel passion for life. I am grateful for just being alive and appreciating each moment.

And here is the good news: that passion for life just naturally carries over to my passion for creating art! What is that saying...."art is life"?

My walks are indeed inspirational for me. The pieces I create using the inspiration I receive while being mindful, while living my life, are the pieces that seem to resonate with others.

" I only went out for a walk and finally concluded to stay out till sundown, for going out, I found, was really going in."
                                                ~ John Muir  

No comments:

Post a Comment